Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Decreasing personal interaction

It could be sheer co-incidence that in the morning I was listening to an interesting (rare) discussion on FM Radio about how technology has removed the personal touch between people & we dont really have time to interact personally with friends, neighbours etc & reading Phil in his today's blog post about exactly the same thing.

In an earlier post I had written about how I am not a great fan of the social networking sites like twitter etc & how modern technology though unavoidable, has definitely contributed to the decline of the personal touch. Dont get me wrong I am all for social networking esp when we need to keep in touch with friends who are far away from us, but typing every now & then into facebook, twitter isnt my cup of tea..!... & true collaboration doesnt happen on 140 characters..!...

No comments: